Chocolate Spice Acorn Shortbread Squares
One of my followers: I wish I didn’t have to scroll through a huge story every time I look up a recipe. I don’t want to hear about your grandma, I just want to know how many eggs I need.
Me, posts to FB: Do you guys read the stories when you look up recipes on people’s blogs?
Numerous people: No, we just want the recipes.
Me: Yeah! I don’t have to come up with a story!! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup acorn flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon wild spice mix (see below) or apple pie spice
Wild spice mix: in a coffee grinder, grind 1 teaspoon prickly ash seed hulls, 4-5 dries spicebush berries, and a 2″ piece of dried wild ginger root.
Heat oven to 350
- In larg bowl, cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla
- In second bowl, mix the remaining ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and stir with fork until the dough can be formed into a ball.
- Press dough into a 9×9 pan. Cut into 16 squares.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, until edges start to crisp.
- Cool in pan before removing.
And there we go. I didn’t have to write a story and you didn’t have to search through the post to find the recipe. Everybody’s happy. 🙂