Fire, Food, Water, Shelter… Do you wish you could live off the land when you camp? This camp will introduce you to several essential forgaging and campfire cooking skills. You will also learn several bushcraft skills. We will set-up a camp and kitchen using foraged materials. You will learn to build and maintain a cook fire, and properly use that fire to make delicious meals. We will forage for food and water, and all meals will include foods that we harvest as a group. Each day will also include important bushcraft skills such as shelter building, friction fire, cordage, and some basic first aid and knife skills. And, of course, there will be time to relax in the hammock, and tell stories around the campfire.
When and Where:
- 7/18-7/21, near Kalkaska, MI
- Day 1 (Thursday evening): Setting up bush camp, Water, Friction fire
- Day 2 (Friday): Foraging basics, Cookfire basics, Essential Knife skills
- Day 3 (Saturday): Plant and Mushroom identification, Hygiene and First Aid, Cordage
- Day 4 (Sunday): Practice and review
Cost: Register here
- Individual: $150
- Couple: $250
Includes all class materials and meals for the weekend.
Limited to 12 participants. You must pre-register to reserve your spot.